Sunday, July 4, 2010

4 July 2010

Its especially hard to train in winter. This year is different, Im motivated, not only
do I want to do the comrades marathon , but I also want to lose weight in the
process. Kill 2 birds with one stone as they say. To try an minimise my risk
of injury ive decided to do a bit of cross training where possible. This includes
cycling / spinning and some gym work.

Sundays are now officially my cycling days. I left the house just after 8 this
morning. 3 layers of clothes to combat the winter air. Long vest, cycling shirt
and arm warmers. Not too many cyclists on the road this time of the year.
I rode to Simons town, approximately 17km from my house. Returned via Boyes
drive. The beginning of boyes drive was exceptionally hard this morning.
My legs arent used to the cycling climbs yet.

Tomorrow is my rest day. Time to recover and get ready for the rest of the week.
The weather man has predicted rain for Tuesday and friday which is fine. Ive
planned to go for a 40 minute run on wednesday with tuesday thursday and friday
at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment