Its been a while since my last post. I have kept up my training
schedule slowly building the miles each week. I signed up for the
comrades on Wednesday Morning. Now I must just ensure my training
gets me to the event next year.
3 weeks to go till my first marathon. The race is the Cape Town
marathon, on the 26 September. So far my training has gone well.
I managed to do a 30km run yesterday in 2 hours 45 . My run consisted
of some steep and long hills. Ending with Ou Kaapse Weg which is a
10km mountain pass, with about 7 km of gradula climbs and 3 km of
down hill. I finished weel so am confident that I have the ability
to complete the 42km marathon.
I will now taper my training over the next 2 weeks to ensure that I
am ready for the marathon. Havent thought about what time I will be
happy with. Right now I just want to finish without too much pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment